Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa


Yesterday, December 20th, Grandpa Albers turned 55. Happy Birthday and we can't wait to see you in a few days!!!

Last night Kyle and I made our annual trek out into the Minnesota winter to listen to Christmas music. In years past we have seen the Trans Siberian Orchestra (fantastic), but this year I wanted to do something different. I saw lots of ads throughout the fall for the MN Orchestra and their Weekender Pops series. Jingle Bell Doc caught my attention. I scoured the calendar for a hockey-free night (exceptionally hard to come by Nov-Feb) and bought tickets. Hockey threatened to disrupt my plans as a varsity coach party and pee-wee parent party were scheduled at the last minute, but Kyle wisely chose to attend the concert with me and then go to the coach party. ;) The music was great. Doc Severinsen (from the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson) conducted and played trumpet solos while the Twin Cities Handbell Choir, Minnesota Chorale, and Ascension Youth Choir added another layer to the performance. If you're ever up in Minnesota I would highly recommend checking out the MN Orchestra. They were outstanding. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. I love Christmas music.

1 comment:

Monty's Mayhem said...

Aww Aidan looks like a cute little man...hes getting SO BIG! Cant wait to see you guys in three days! Miss you!