Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Does It Get More Disgusting???

When you have your first baby you get peed on and accidentally get poop on yourself when changing the baby, and you think, "This is disgusting." Then it happens again and you're like "Well, it's not the first time..." Last night we reached the pinnacle of disgusting thus far when I went in to check on Aidan around 11:30pm. He had just started fussing and I thought if I popped his pacifier back in he would probably go back to sleep. *Remember, I have a cold and can't really smell anything.* I stopped using the night-light when the bulb burnt out several weeks ago, so I was running my hand all over inside his crib feeling around for it. What I found instead was a crib covered in vomit. Not baby spit-up...an adult size pool of vomit. It was d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g. So I ask you now, does it get more disgusting than this? I sincerely hope not. What other nasty things is my baby going to throw at me? (hopefully not literally...)

To end the saga of last night, I stripped Aidan and handed him off to Kyle who rinsed the visible puke off Aidan's hair and face. I threw everything from the crib into the washer and then gave Aidan a bath. Aidan wouldn't go back to his crib even though his eyes were closed, so he slept with me for the next 2 hours. He woke up a happy baby this morning, but has been cranky on and off. I'm guessing it's just a virus or an extension of our sickness last week. His room reeks of puke even though everything has been washed. He has his (early) 9-month check up tomorrow morning with the doctor. They don't give vaccinations to sick babies so I might have to reschedule.

1 comment:

Soupy said...

How these times are so fun..........ahhh, yes. Puke is the worst ever!