Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, December 4, 2008

8 Months Old




My little baby isn't little anymore...although I felt that way when he was 3 months old too. I decided I didn't have enough "naked baby" photos of him, so I snapped a few shots during bath time the other night. As you can see, he loves taking a bath. Aidan is constantly on the move and getting into new things every day. He has started looking up when he is crawling around, discovering a whole new world. At bath time this means trying to climb out of the tub or hauling himself up on the faucet into standing position. So far he has left the Christmas tree alone. He tries to follow Roxie around, but she's just too fast for him. I started feeding him Yo-Baby yogurt on Monday and he really seems to like it. Next up is kiwi that was on sale this week. I'm going to cut it into small chunks and have him feed himself.

Yesterday we took a trip to Stillwater, MN to order Kali's bridesmaid dresses. (long story short, we saved ourselves $184 per dress by ordering them up here) Grandma Finn came along and played with Aidan while I got measured and ordered the dresses and then we went out for lunch. Stillwater is known for it's antique stores, being on the St. Croix River, and its quaint downtown area. We did it all yesterday. We had lunch at a restaurant on the river, walked up and down Main Street, had tea in a cozy little tea room, stopped in an antique store, and best of all, a fudge shop. I got an almond turtle that was the size of my fist. I'm not even exaggerating. It was huge. The lady cut it into quarters for me and it was still huge. I had one piece and am going to put the rest in the freezer so I don't scarf it all down at once. During this time Aidan was too busy smiling and charming all the people we saw to stop and take a nap. Thankfully he didn't get cranky and we had a wonderful afternoon.

1 comment:

Soupy said...

is it too early to arrange a marriage between K and Aidan? :)
he is too cute for words (sigh)
that sounds SO much fun in Stillwate - I envy you and your time!