Our Family

Our Family

Friday, December 12, 2008

Feeling Better

I think we are all on our way back to feeling better. The stomach bug morphed into a cold, hitting me harder than Kyle or Aidan. They both seem much better, while my head feels like it's going to explode. I'll take a headache any day over being nauseous though.

Even though we were all under the weather this week, it was still extra-busy. We went to baby story time, had eye doctor appointments, I got my hair cut, Aidan and I went in and had lunch at school, and today we had our early childhood class. Even when Aidan is grumpy and screaming at home, I know if I take him out and he can see other people, he will be happy. Knock on wood, it hasn't failed yet. Sometimes I make up things to buy at the grocery store just because I know Aidan will perk up once we are out and about. Great for a budget? No. But good for my sanity.

We made Christmas ornaments at our early childhood class today. I remember making something similar when I was little. Here is the recipe for all you crafty people that know little ones:

Cinnamon Dough Ornaments
1 c. cinnamon
3/4 c. applesauce
1/4 c. non toxic glue

1. Mix ingredients together
2. Flatten dough on floured surface
3. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters
4. Make a hole at the top with a straw
5. Let ornaments dry 48 hours
6. When dry, paint over with thinned glue---add glitter if desired
7. Put ribbon through hole



*On a much sadder note, I just got off the phone with my friend Nikki. Her father-in-law was killed in a farm accident last night. Please send warm thoughts and prayers their way.*

1 comment:

Bellmont Business said...

That's so terrible. This is is Nikkie who had her son in the summer of 2007? We'll be sending prayers her way. How is she doing?