Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weather Update

Yes, I know I live in Minnesota, but come on! Kyle has been asking for at least a week now to move to a warmer climate. He said my options are Oregon (why, I don't know) or Texas. I said neither. If I'm moving somewhere warm it's going to have sandy beaches, warm water, and no hurricanes. (not to mention no cockroaches, termites, or other creepy varmints) Not sure if that place exists.

Aidan slept in later than usual this morning. He was all snuggled up in his blanket and didn't wake up until 8:15am. Even then, it was still -21 degrees (-39 windchill). I'm guessing he didn't want to face the cold house.

Lately Aidan has been adamant about eating with a utensil, trying to steal away the spoon when I feed him. I've tried giving him his own spoon to hold, even giving him one for each hand. Do you know how quickly you go through silverware when you're using 3 spoons per meal? He really likes forks and can feed himself if I put the food on it for him. Then he tries to get food on the fork. (which looks like him crazily sweeping the fork back and forth over his tray) I sneakily stab a bite of food while he's doing this, and he feeds himself again. Meal times are taking longer and longer these days...and getting much messier.

1 comment:

MrsNick said...

Kansas City isn't bad. While it is cold today and tomorrow, we will be back up to highs in the mid 40's over the weekend. Really, I kind of like to think of it as the O.C. of the Midwest.