Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 30, 2009

New Car Seat

It was time. Aidan's feet were hanging over the end of his infant carrier...but oh how I loved the ease of popping him in and out of the car without actually having to take him out of the car seat. Those days are over now and I have a big boy with a big boy car seat. We went to the police department on Tuesday evening and had them install the convertible car seat that I got as a shower present from my aunts back in May. It has been patiently waiting in the garage since then, and now it's been put to use. Aidan sits up so much taller in this seat (still facing backwards) and looks like such a little person. No complaining from him so far, so it must be comfortable.

We also lowered Aidan's crib this week, another big boy milestone. I wasn't overly worried about him climbing out with the mattress up, but I noticed some teeth marks on the crib rail. To be honest, I just lowered it so he couldn't chew on the wood. He is a baby after all, not a beaver.

Tonight Kyle and I are going to see Bill Engvall (comedian from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour) perform at our new Performing Arts Center. The PAC was highly controversial...it cost a lot of money to build, money that a lot of people thought could be better used elsewhere...but the mayor prevailed and the PAC was built. Kyle thinks we should boycott it (he wanted a new hockey rink or a minor league baseball stadium) but I say since it's there, we might as well enjoy it. It sure beats driving into Minneapolis to catch a show. Hopefully the money was well spent.

1 comment:

Soupy said...

ohhh, fun! My coworker is going to that same show tonight (Donna) - she was a para in Ms Nancy's room when we were there :)
Where is the new center? sounds fun! Let us know about a nother show at some point, it would've been funto go with you guys :)