Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 23, 2009

Thank You Blogger

Apparently all you have to do is vent your frustrations on Blogger and all your problems will be solved. After posting yesterday that I was frustrated, our broken window got fixed, the phone issue is being resolved, and I got a free car wash. It was a great day. Turns out the lady I talked to on Dec. 30 never actually sent the request to transfer the land line number, she just saved it. So when everyone else looked at the account it said it was "in the process". I finally talked to someone yesterday who figured out what was going on and sent the request as we spoke. By this time next week the number should be transferred. *crossing my fingers*

I'm pretty sure I got the free car wash because Aidan is so cute. I took the Escape in to get the oil changed, and as we waited, he jabbered to all the employees and watched the oil get changed through the window. They all loved him. When I went to pay they offered us a free car wash. (couldn't have been because the car was so dirty it looked brown instead of green) I love freebies, and their ploy worked, I will be taking the car to BP to get the oil changed from now on. :)

Speaking of Aidan, he's still working on walking. He'll take his walk 'n ride all over the house now. Sometimes he ends up pushing it sideways, but whatever, he's still standing behind it. This week we've tried lots of new foods, all of which he seems to like; beets, scrambled egg yolks, taco meat, cottage cheese, mock manicotti. I reintroduced kiwi, and he ate more of it this time around. I've pretty much given up on feeding him with a baby spoon. If he can't feed himself he wants nothing to do with it. More of the food ends up on him than in his mouth when I try to feed him, so I'll let him take over in that department. He's starting to get a little huffy when I eat with a fork and don't let him try, so I've been letting him practice with a salad fork. I think he just likes holding it more than anything. He thinks it's really funny when I feed him with my fork, and he loves to bite down to get the food off of the fork as I slide it out of his mouth.

I wish I could update with some pictures, but I left my camera at Krista's baby shower on Sunday! Ugh, I finally remember to TAKE my camera, but forget to bring it home. I swear, when I got pregnant I lost about a million brain cells.

No comments: