Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brrr!!!

We woke up to -15 degrees this morning. (not including the wind chill) It is painfully cold outside, but that didn't stop us from venturing over to Molly's house for a play date. Aidan and Charlotte played while Molly and I ate cinnamon rolls, drank coffee, and I helped her add some new tools to her blog. Being in a new place, with lots of new toys, Aidan wanted to check out everything...which means he now has more than a few new bumps and bruises. It's too bad that his exploring usually ends in falling. One of these days his balance will get a little better. We had a great time and can't wait until Baby Bellmont is born in March so Aidan can play with him/her, too. (Molly thinks it's going to be another girl)

Yesterday afternoon Aidan and I went to my school and attended a baby shower for a co-worker and his wife who are expecting twins within the next 3-5 weeks. Her due date is the beginning of March, but the doctor doesn't think she'll last that long since both babies are already between 4 and 5 lbs each. Aidan got LOTS of attention and he perfected his new skill, waving. One of the secretaries waved at him and he waved back...except that he kept waving and smiling and didn't stop at just one wave. He waved at her for several minutes. She thought he was a hoot. If only our school had a daycare attached to it so I could visit him when I go back to work. That would be perfection.

1 comment:

MrsNick said...

It is flippin' freezing here too! I wish they would just cancel school because the kids are going stir crazy from being inside all day. For my blog background, I went to cutest blog on the block. I think there might be a link on my blog page. Anyway, there tons of free backgrounds and you just follow the directions for the download. Take care!