Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Magic Martini

It's amazing how a shaker of Raspberry Sorbet martinis and three hours without a baby will improve one's disposition. I left the house at 5pm yesterday feeling crabby and sullen. Aidan had been less than happy most of the day. Trying to wash the dishes and pick up the house with a baby following along, crying in protest, will weaken anyone's attempt at positive thinking. Grandpa and Grandma Finn volunteered to watch Aidan and I was more than happy to drop him off. Kyle and I headed to IKEA where I had some frames to return. We wandered around for an hour, just browsing the massive store. Kyle said it made him want to buy lots of stuff for our house, I just enjoyed thinking about the possibilities. After IKEA we went to a restaurant we'd never been to before. Kyle and I spent the next two hours chatting and enjoying good food. By the time we picked Aidan up at 8pm I felt relaxed and happy again. Maybe it was the martinis, but more than that, I think it was the time Kyle and I got to spend talking (mostly about topics other than Aidan) without having to constantly keep an eye on our little ball of energy. Everyone came home smiling and laughing. Time well spent.

1 comment:

Soupy said...

Yay for mommy and daddy alone time! I've never had a raspberry sorbet martini but it sounds very yummy!