Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, November 15, 2008

You Can't Keep Me Down

That seems to be the message Aidan is sending me. I'll put him down in the middle of the floor with nothing in sight to pull up on and lots of fun toys to play with. Within seconds he will have army crawled his way to a piece of furniture, pulled himself up, and will be standing there looking over his shoulder at me with a grin that says "See that Mommy? You'd better drop what you're doing because I'm going to let go any second and I'm going to fall and crack my head open."

He's even waking me up early in the morning to show me his standing skills. This morning at 5:30am he was howling. (he usually isn't up until 7am at the earliest) I went in to see if he just needed his pacifier put back in, only to find him peering over the crib railing at me. I couldn't help myself, I laughed. Thank goodness I've been putting the side up. I knew he would try standing in his crib one of these days. Today was the day.

I've always chuckled at those parents who've said they need to buy a helmet for their baby. I would think to myself, "babies fall down and get bumps and bruises, that's just what they do." Now I'm thinking Aidan needs a helmet.



OMG!!! I'm standing!! What do I do now?!?!

The mischievous, self-satisfied grin

Stop taking pictures and get me out of this crib

No comments: