Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Other "Baby"


Aidan has his playtime every week with other babies. Kyle and I get to go out with friends every once in a while. What does Roxie, our dog "baby" get? Some walks around the neighborhood. Seems unfair. Until now, that is. I signed up for a puggle play group and we had our first meet-up this morning at the local Petco. Aidan and I loved it. Roxie was scared out of her mind.

We walked into the room and were greeted by a herd of puggles (pug/beagle mix). Roxie started snapping immediately, and as soon as I sat down she jumped up in my lap. She was content to let other dogs sniff her as long as she was in my lap, but she refused to get down and play with the other dogs. Perhaps we should have started socializing her before now. (she's 3 years old)

The meet-up lasted an hour, during which time Roxie either sat in my lap or between my feet. She ventured out once or twice only to scurry back as soon a dog came near her. We will definitely be attending more puggle play dates so Roxie can get some doggie socialization.

No comments: