Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mr. Handy

I have a nemesis and it's name is the garbage disposal. We go round and round. Sometimes I come out on top, sometimes (every couple of months) it clogs up for no apparent reason and Kyle lectures me about what can and cannot go in the garbage disposal. Score one for you, garbage disposal. On Tuesday night I was making sweet potato fries and peeled two SMALL sweet potatoes in the sink. I'd done the same thing just a couple weeks ago and everything was fine. Well, this time the drain got clogged and I got "the lecture".

Kyle took the pipes apart and started cleaning them out while I gave Aidan a bath. He came in a few minutes later and showed me the elbow joint, which had basically disintegrated in his hands from rust. I would like to think that by clogging the pipes I saved us a flooded cabinet because that pipe was not long for this world. Score one for me (even if the pipes were clogged).

No comments: