Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why Sleep When I Can Play?

We've hit a roadblock. Aidan has been refusing to go down for his morning nap. It's not that he doesn't need it, he is TIRED. Rubbing eyes, yawning, cranky...but standing in the crib or crawling around on the floor just provides too much temptation for a busy baby. This morning I tried to let him cry it out. (per Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child) No luck, he was in there for the hour maximum and was still awake. He's so tired in the afternoons now that he'll sleep for over three hours. Everyone at our ECFE group assured me their babies did the same thing and that eventually they go back to napping. One mom said it felt like forever, but was really only about a week of no morning naps. I know it could be worse, he could fight sleep in the morning, afternoon, and night. It's just that I liked our old routine so much. I hope he starts taking his morning nap again.

No comments: