Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who needs 'em?

After almost 10 years of dealing with tooth pain, Kyle's wisdom teeth are finally history. Hallelujah! It only took about an hour to get them out and then another half hour to let some of the anesthesia wear off. Kyle was a little loopy and said "I've got all these great jokes in my head, I just can't get them out." I was thanking my lucky stars that his mouth was full of gauze. I have a feeling I would have been mortified if he started telling his jokes to the people in the dentist's office. No earth shattering revelations while he was under the influence, he was just goofy and does not remember anything he said. He looked at himself in the mirror several times during the half hour we were sitting there and each time he did not remember that he had already checked himself out. It was pretty amusing from my perspective. It's soft foods and pain meds for the next couple of days, but the dentist said the teeth came out easily. We'll see if Kyle looks like he got hit by a Mack truck when he wakes up tomorrow...

No comments: