Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympic Coverage

I'm hooked. Every night since the opening ceremonies I have watched at least some of the Olympics. I cannot get enough of Michael Phelps. Every time I watch him swim I am amazed. Can he get three more gold medals? I hope so, but that is a lot of pressure. Other sports I've watched: beach volleyball, gymnastics, synchronized diving (truly amazing), cycling, and handball. Kyle likes the fringe sports and was a little disappointed that he didn't get to see any badminton. He is hooked on the swimming too, and the other night after I went to bed I could hear him yelling downstairs. Come to find out he was watching the men's 4 x 100 free relay where the US came from behind to beat France. The ironic part of that story is that same afternoon he had made fun of me for saying that I was clenching my fists and my heart was racing the night before when I watched Michael Phelps win his first gold medal. He isn't making fun of me anymore.

Aidan is going to start his Olympic training on September 9th. I signed him up for swimming lessons at the YMCA. Granted, he will just be desperately holding on to me as we stand in the pool, but it could lead to big things...you never know.

No comments: