Our Family

Our Family

Friday, August 15, 2008

Sniffles and Sneezing and Coughing, Oh My!

Aidan has come down with his first case of the sniffles. He has a runny nose, sneezes, and a little bit of coughing. Nothing serious, but it wears a person out (namely me). He refuses to be put down for more than a minute or two at a time. It's not happy cuddling time that he wants though. He just whines, almost like an unhappy puppy. He first started the whining Wednesday evening and Kyle and I thought it was funny because he sounded an awful lot like Roxie did when she was a puppy. Then I noticed his nose was runny after we got home from a walk yesterday and it has been downhill from that point. The whining is definitely not funny anymore. Now I just want him to feel better so he can get back to his happy, playful self.

So, Kathy, it wasn't you or your house that made Aidan fussy, just his cold. Poor Kathy, I promise he is not always that hard to please. We went to her condo in downtown St. Paul Thursday afternoon for a walk along the Mississippi River and she graciously made me the best salad I think I've ever had for lunch. (will post the recipe when I find out what she used) Unfortunately Aidan cried the minute he was not touching a human being, so we had to take turns eating. Not much amused him other than when he got his bottle and fell asleep for a little bit. The walk along the river was gorgeous, and I highly recommend it. Aidan got to see his first barge and the pilot even waved to us!

If Aidan is feeling well enough we're going to walk to a Jazz Festival on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it as I hear the jazz is supposed to be great.

No comments: