Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Night From Hell

Okay, maybe the title is a little dramatic, but after two hours of a screaming baby in the middle of the night, it sure felt like the night from hell. Aidan woke up at 12:30am. Not overly unusual. It happens a couple times a week. I just pop his pacifier into his mouth and he's back asleep before I close the door to his room.

Not last night. He was wide awake and sort of crying, refusing to keep the pacifier in his mouth. I changed his diaper and nursed him, which has always done the trick in the past. Again, not last night. By this point he was full fledged screaming. I rocked him, I swayed him, I turned on his mobile, I tried nursing him again...nothing worked. Kyle took over after an hour of screaming. It seemed to work for a little bit. There was blessed silence for about 5 minutes. Then Kyle set him down in his crib and we were back to full-out screaming within 2 seconds. I'd run out of options so I made him a bottle. He sucked down the 4 oz. and was still crying. What was the matter with my poor baby?!?!?! I still have no idea. He finally went back to sleep around 2:30am while I was rocking him. I was hoping maybe he'd worn himself out to the point that he would sleep in a little later. It didn't alter his schedule in the slightest. He was up at 6am like usual, nursed, and went back down until 8:30am. No rest for the weary. At least he's happy today.

No comments: