Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Another weekend come and gone and now we're into the first week of August. It never fails to surprise me that summer is coming to a close once August hits. At least this year I get to look forward to being home with Aidan instead of dreading going back to school.

Saturday's trip to the cabin was lackluster at best. When we started going there 4 years ago we knew everyone that attended. Each year we've known less and less people as Kyle's friends have gotten married, had kids, have to work on weekends, etc. This year we knew the host/hostess and one other person. It's so sad! I enjoy meeting new people, but don't enjoy making small talk for five hours. Perhaps the dreary day accounted for some of my blah feelings. It was cloudy and windy which meant the lake was rough and thick with algae. So there was no swimming and no skiing. Ughh, but what can you do? We did meet 2 guys from Peru and they were very interesting to talk to.

Nothing exciting happened on Sunday. Aidan slept ALOT since his schedule had been disrupted the rest of the weekend. His naps are nice times for me, but he's a light sleeper, so I didn't get much housework done. I guess that's what I will be doing today.

No comments: