Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 29, 2009

This & That

I haven't posted in awhile, so this is more of a catch-up post.

We've been de-cluttering the house in an effort to make it seem not so small. We gave our big screen tv upstairs to Mick and Michele and sold the LaZBoy recliner downstairs on Craigslist. With the tv gone, the living room seems so much more open and bright. While I had some reservations about not having a tv upstairs, it's been just fine. The only thing I miss is not being able to watch the news while I make dinner. I'm pretty sure Kyle would give away/sell all our worldly possessions if I let him. I'm a bit of a pack-rat so I've indulged his need for "negative space" (as he calls it) by donating 3 bags of clothes to the Salvation Army and agreeing to let the tv and recliner go to better homes. I think I've reached my limit for the time being though.

On Friday, Aidan and I went to Grandma Michele's work and visited her co-workers. Aidan woke up with a runny nose that day and was more reserved than usual. We said quick hello's to everyone then headed out for lunch and a little shopping. Lunch was good but shopping got a cut short when Aidan decided he didn't want to be in the stroller, didn't want to be held, and didn't want to be put on the floor. He was being "willful" as Grandma put it. A nice way to say a pain in the butt. :)

We haven't done much this weekend because Aidan still has a runny nose and obviously isn't feeling 100%. Kyle coached the Select South hockey team this weekend. (like all-area players) They lost Friday's game, won Saturday, and have their third and final game this afternoon at 4pm.

In case anyone was wondering about the stroller saga...they found me a replacement frame. Good news, right? Well, it cost $120 for the frame and shipping. I paid the $120 while questioning if I really need 2 strollers. I decided that I do. Kyle was NOT happy when I told him. :) After just buying a new stroller the week before he was unhappy that a) I spent money on another stroller and b) we now have another stroller to store after just getting rid of stuff. If I don't use both of them I will sell one of them on Craigslist. Problem solved. ;)

No comments: