Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Stroller Saga (cont.)

No news yet on the Zooper . They are looking in their warehouse for a replacement frame. I hold out little hope though, so I went out and bought a new stroller. I wanted this one to be lighter, fold up smaller, and be generally less expensive. After shopping at Once Upon a Child, Target, USA Baby, and Babies R Us, I decided on the Inglesina Swift in mocha. It looks cooler in person. The one drawback is the lack of a cup holder for me, but you can buy clip on ones for umbrella strollers.



Funny story...after looking at used strollers and at Target with no luck, I headed to USA Baby, which is more of a boutique baby store with higher end products. I knew right away when I tried the Inglesina that I really liked it. It pushed so easily and didn't even feel like Aidan was in it. Bonus, it was on sale.

In my mind I had set a price point of $100, this one was $109. I decided to try Babies R Us to see if I could find anything cheaper. After looking at all of their "umbrella" strollers I didn't see anything comparable and wandered down the full size stroller aisle.

Lo and behold there was one brown and blue umbrella stroller for $79. It was a different brand and didn't push quite as smoothly, but I was willing to sacrifice since it was below the price I had set in my mind. I put Aidan in the stroller, walked him around, tested out all the features...all while this other lady stood staring at me. I was starting to get uncomfortable so I put Aidan back in the cart, collapsed the stroller and put it in the cart also.

Then the lady finally approached me. She told me that she was flying out that afternoon and could not find an umbrella stroller that she liked. She was admiring the one I had picked up (the last one in stock, as it was discontinued) and told me should would give me $20 if she could have it. I told her that was ridiculous, she didn't have to pay me, I would just give it to her. (knowing I had a back up in the Inglesina) She told me she was really appreciative and would feel better giving me the $20. I took the money, gave her the stroller, and went back to USA Baby and bought the Inglesina. She technically paid $99 for that stroller and with the $20 she gave me, I technically paid $89 for the Inglesina. Who got the better deal? I think I did.

No comments: