Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun In The Sun

Those of you who don't live in MN are going to think I'm a bit wacky, but it is gorgeous outside this weekend. Sunny and 55 degrees with a light breeze. Yes, it would be even better if it were in the 80's, but that would just be unnatural for March in MN.

Aidan and I played in the driveway yesterday, getting all wet and muddy. Then enjoyed the weather today by going to the Como Zoo in St. Paul. There weren't as many people as I thought there were going to be and we found a decent parking spot. (unlike last time when we had to park miles away) Most of the animals were still inside their buildings, but fun to watch nonetheless. Aidan didn't seem overly interested in any of the animals, but he did watch the monkeys that walked right in front of us, then stopped to "get it on". :) Several of the parents of older children were like "Oh, look, the monkeys are wrestling." or "Look, she's giving him a piggyback ride." Haha! I was laughing out loud. Aidan was oblivious, so I asked him what sound a monkey makes and he granted me with an "ooo, ooo". That's about the only one he will consistently do, sometimes he'll say "mmm, mmm" for cow, but that's about it. Besides walking, I think animal sounds are the next skill we're really going to work on.

1 comment:

MrsNick said...

Glad to hear you are finally getting some nice weather. I wish you more to come. Days at the park are always the best!