Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 30, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Or in our case, when life gives you avocados...make guacamole. I bought a bunch of avocados for Aidan's dinners this week. However, he HATES them. This is the first food he has blatantly refused to eat. It was pretty comical watching Kyle trying to feed Aidan last night. At first Aidan just made really disgusted faces, but swallowed. Then it turned into gagging with tears streaming down his face because his eyes were watering so much. And finally he would just leave his mouth open until the offending food fell out. Luckily I bought some guacamole mix in the event Aidan did not like the avocados. Aidan's loss, our gain. In other food news, Aidan has a favorite food. He loves pears. I'm not actually surprised because I ate a lot of pears (and apples) while I was pregnant. He is a baby bird when eats pears for dinner. We can't shovel them into his mouth fast enough so he ends up sitting there with his neck craned and his mouth wide open, sometimes squawking if we take longer than he thinks we should.

Aidan has become a scooting machine. I laid him down in the middle of the living room floor yesterday afternoon while I folded some laundry and he scooted himself (army crawl style) in between the couch and end table and almost to the kitchen. Then this morning I laid him on the floor while I checked my e-mail and he scooted himself under the computer desk where he proceeded to pull on the plethora of wires. Not a good thing. Guess it's time to baby proof.

No comments: