Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baby or Banshee?

Halloween has come early to our house. Aidan has been possessed by a banshee. That's the only explanation I can come up with. He screams in delight, in anger, and just plain old screams. It's not too bad unless he's got his head on your shoulder and lets out an ear-piercing scream. I won't go deaf from listening to my music too loud when I was younger, but I may have permanent hearing loss from baby screams.

Speaking of Halloween, we were supposed to go to a Halloween party last night only to have it canceled an hour before it started. I was getting ready to blow dry my hair when Kyle called out "You don't need to worry about your costume." I thought he was saying Roxie had gotten a hold of it and chewed it up. Instead, I *heard* him say "Obama is in the emergency room." That's what I heard, and no, that's not what he said. I was so confused as to why a Halloween party would be canceled due to Obama. What he really said was "Alanna (the hostess) is in the emergency room." So plans changed and we went out to dinner. Mark and Alanna decided that since their house was clean and they had already bought the UFC fight (ultimate fighting) people might as well still come over even though they were in the emergency room. While Alanna was hooked up to an IV we were at her house drinking beer and watching tv. That's generosity. The party is rescheduled for next weekend and Alanna is feeling better. She was dehydrated and got home from the hospital around midnight.

1 comment:

Bellmont Business said...

I am seriously laughing out loud that you thought the Halloween Party was canceled because Obama was in the hospital!!!!! You are too funny!