Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 20, 2008

Mad Town part 1

We ventured to the Land of the Cheese Heads this weekend to visit Aunt Kali and Uncle-to-be Kyle. My parents met us in Madison and we had a great weekend. Friday night we just chilled and had supper at the house. Saturday morning was set aside for bridesmaid dress shopping and got off to a good start when we found a dress I loved at the first place we stopped. Unfortunately it didn't come in the right color and the dress shopping went downhill quickly from there. We went to the another dress shop (which my mom and I had both been to before) only to find it was no longer there. Kali didn't have her GPS system with her and we had no clue where other dress shops in Madison might be. We called Kyle #2 and he gave us some phone numbers off the Internet for other shops. All of them had been disconnected. Ughh, it was frustrating. We decided to give up for the morning and headed home to pick up the guys.

Saturday afternoon was spent at the Henry Villas Zoo. (Madison's zoo) After three zoos in as many months, I now consider myself a zoo connoisseur. This zoo is also free to the public, but unlike the Como Zoo in St. Paul, it is well spaced out and did not leave me feeling sick to my stomach when we left. Aidan was more aware of the animals this time around and really enjoyed watching the flamingos walk back and forth in front of us and trying to grab at the Gila Monsters through the glass. *Quick fact: it's pronounced "Heela" Monster according to the sign above the exhibit. Not "Geela" Monster like I always thought. *

After the zoo Kali, my mom and I decided to give the bridesmaid dresses one more shot and drove about a half an hour south of Madison to a dress shop where I had looked for dresses when Kyle and I got married. We found several that we liked and I think it's narrowed down to these two:

Feel free to comment on which one you like better, because we're kind of stuck right now.

2 comments:

Bellmont Business said...

I vote for the 1st dress. Very classic and elegant.

Soupy said...

Ohh, I like them both but am leaning towards the 2nd one, not really sure whY! Either one is a winner :)