Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 6, 2008

Cranberry Festival

We're back. We had a fast and furious trip up to the lodge this weekend, with an afternoon spent at the Cranberry Festival. I opted not to buy any cranberries this year since I really have no idea what to do with them. I did get some yummy chocolate and yogurt covered craisins though. The fall colors weren't spectacular yet, but they weren't bad either. Here's a view from the dock.


Friday afternoon and evening were spent getting settled in and catching up with Carol, Tim, and Marsha. Tim declared the drinking light "on" at 5pm and we cracked open the wine bottles. Tim made dinner and we sat around and chatted until Tim's nephew and his family arrived around 7:30pm. Mike and Krista and have two kids ages 8 and 5, Hannah and Luke, who were IN LOVE with Aidan. Every move I made with him was closely watched and the minute he went down for a nap I started getting "When do you think Aidan will be awake?" Five year olds don't really get the concept of "in about an hour" so I got the question quite a bit. :) Hannah (the eight year old) helped me give Aidan a bath on Friday night, lotioned him up for me, and wanted to help me nurse him. Hah! I figured her mom could explain to her what nursing is; I just told her I could do it on my own and that Aidan would go to sleep easier if no one was in the room. That seemed to be enough for her.

Hannah and Luke on the swing set

On Saturday, Grandma Finn, Aunt Marsha, Aidan, and I went in to Stone Lake for the Cranberry Festival. It was wall to wall people. Not easy to maneuver a stroller through the crowed streets. I thought ahead and brought the Baby Bjorn since Aidan will only stay in the stroller for a short amount of time. I'm glad I did because the stroller turned into a shopping cart for our purchases. There are lots of booths with crafts, jewelry, etc., and while we didn't go crazy, we definitely filled the stroller. I got 2 earring/necklace sets and Aidan got a wooden growth chart. It's sooooo cute! Most of the crafts are pretty similar and if you've seen one booth you've seen them all, but the booth with the growth charts was unique and I'm glad we stopped. Notice that it's Daddy's favorite sport...





After we got back to the lodge Aidan went down for a nap and I got to sit in the sun, down by the lake, and read uninterrupted for an hour. It was glorious. I sat in one of the white loungers and just basked in the sun. I finished up Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner. It was okay, but read Good in Bed before you read Certain Girls. I didn't know it was a sequel, and now I know too much to read Good in Bed.


Saturday evening was more socializing, a bonfire, and early to bed after our busy day. Then Sunday morning was breakfast and packing as we got ready for the trip back home. Grandma Finn and I agreed that although a 3 hour road trip isn't bad, we certainly wouldn't want a cabin that far away that we had to drive to every weekend.

"The Lodge"
12 bedrooms, can accommodate up to 30 people
Aidan and I had a wing to ourselves so he wouldn't wake anyone up in the middle of the night :)

1 comment:

Soupy said...

What a wonderful trip! so fun!!!
Sounds like the big A had a great time socializing, too! :) Love the growth chart- and I'm sure Kyle filled you in on Sat night- he and Chris are pals now! LOL