Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Hairy Mess

Hello 3-month postpartum hair loss. My hair is everywhere. Under Aidan's chin, between his toes, in his fingers, all over my clothes and his. I'm shedding more than Roxie. It's ridiculous. Thank god I started with a thick head of hair or it might be noticeable!

We are officially on day 3 of Operation 2 Stay-At-Home Parents. For those of you who didn't know, Kyle is again staying at home full-time to be a professional poker player. The question I almost always get is "...and how do you feel about that?" Well, before we had Aidan I was fine with it, and even told him NOT to go back to work because he makes more money playing poker than at a 9-5 job. Now I'm okay with it as long as it doesn't create more work for me at home (i.e.-waking Aidan up from his naps, disrupting our schedule, etc.) I think we'll both have to make some adjustments so we stay happy. So far it's going okay.

In "Aidan News" he's sleeping through the night. He slept through the night after the wedding last weekend, but I just figured it was because he was overtired. However, every night since then he has fallen asleep b/t 8:30-10:00pm and slept until 5:30am. Not waking up one single time. It may sound wonderful to those of you reading this, but when you're used to waking up at least 2 times during the night, it freaks you out a little bit when you wake up at 4:30 in the morning and realize you haven't heard a peep out of your baby (not to mention the fact that my chest is aching because he hasn't eaten in hours). Aidan may have adjusted to sleeping through the night, but I think it will take me a couple more nights. I'm still getting up to check on him when I wake up. Just to make sure... :)

Happy 3rd anniversary to Kyle and myself! No extra-special plans for tonight, but we are going to walk up to an ice cream shop that opened last summer for an after-dinner treat. I've been wanting to check out this place since it opened last year and finally talked Kyle into going with me. I just had to play the anniversary card. ;)

2 comments:

MrsNick said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry to hear you are losing your hair. Hopefully it all grows back. Take care and enjoy your evening:)

Bellmont Business said...

I hear you on the hair loss situation. I thought I was going bald and was scarred it would never grow back...but it did of course. Happpy anniversary as well to both of you. Enjoy your ice cream treat. It's the simple things, right?! See you Saturday.