Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 25, 2008

4 month check-up

Aidan had his 4-month well baby visit this morning which included 3 shots and an oral vaccine. He let the nurse know he was NOT happy after the first shot by screaming at the top of his lungs, but had finished crying by the time we were ready to leave. All the screaming wore him out and he was fast asleep by the time we got home. (which is only about 5 minutes) :)

I was pretty surprised by his measurements. I figured he would be longer and weigh more than he does right now. I was basing my assumptions on the fact that he has finally outgrown his 3 month clothes (lengthwise) and I'm moving him into 3-6 and 6 month clothes.

4 Month Stats:
Weight: 13 lbs 3 oz---25 %-tile
Length: 25 3/4 in.---85%-tile
Head: 16 1/2 ---50 %-tile

Growth from 2 month check-up: gained 2 lbs and grew 1 inch

Kyle was a little disappointed to see that Aidan is now only in the 85 %-tile for length. After being at the 95 %-tile last time, Kyle had high hopes Aidan would keep it up and turn into a 6'4" hockey player. He was happy to see that Aidan moved up on the chart for weight though, since Aidan was below the 5 %-tile at his 2-month check-up.

The doctor told me to wait on solid foods until closer to 6 months as they like to see birth weight double before solids are started (or at 6 months). I'm fine with that since I hadn't planned on starting him on solids until the end of August anyway.

No comments: