Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Our 4th of July was mostly celebrated on the 3rd of July. Kyle and I joined some friends at Canterbury Park to watch the horse races, enjoy dollar hot dogs and nachos, and then a fireworks extravaganza followed after it got dark. The fireworks were great, and there were even some new ones that I'd never seen before, but they never played "I'm proud to be an American". How can you have a fireworks show without that song?!?!? My friend Gayle and I were a little disappointed. Instead they ended with a Prince song. Really? Prince? On the 4th of July? Oh well, what can you do?

Mick and Michele watched Aidan while we were at the fireworks, and we are going over there this evening to grill out. I think Aidan is still too young for fireworks, although there were a TON of babies at Canterbury last night. It just seems like it would be too loud for his poor little ears. He's going to have to wait until next year to enjoy his first fireworks show.

Happy 4th of July to everyone, enjoy the holiday and time spent with friends and family!

No comments: