Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 28, 2008

Homemade with Love

I had my first foray into baby food making this weekend. Since baby food is at least $1 per little container I decided to just buy fruit that is in season, use the food processor to puree it, and then freeze it until Aidan is ready for it (probably not until Sept. or after). So far so good. I've made peaches, plums, blueberries, and mangoes. Unfortunately the mangoes are going to be used by Kyle for his smoothies because apparently babies can't have tropical fruit until after they're 1 year old. Who knew? I've also got some organic pears, but they need to ripen a little more before I puree them. In case anyone is wondering how much fruit it takes to make baby food, here is what I have found...
(all cooked and pureed)
1 peach=1 cup
1 plum= 1/2 cup
2 pints blueberries= 1 1/2 cups

In other news from the Finn household, Kyle was contacted by the Burnsville varsity hockey coach. He asked Kyle to help out with summer and fall clinics. This is the last week of summer clinics and fall clinics will probably be in September. Kyle is SUPER excited as this is a big step up in the hockey world. He has been coaching PeeWee B1, but a move up to varsity is what he has always been hoping for. Congrats Kyle!

Not too much else new over the weekend. Kyle and I went out to dinner on Friday night and watched Juno. Good movie, I enjoyed it. Saturday I did a little garage-saleing and bought Aidan some 3-6 and 6 months clothes. Then yesterday we went out for my (pre-) birthday brunch with Kyle's parents. A nice relaxed weekend...I even got a nap in on Sunday afternoon which is unheard of. :)

No comments: