Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 30, 2008

Recap from DSM

We're back after the shortest trip ever. The wedding was held on the rooftop of the Iowa Historical Building in downtown Des Moines. It started out windy, but didn't rain, so all-in-all the weather was fine. I wish I could comment on the ceremony, but as soon as the officiant started talking, Aidan got fussy and I had to take him inside to nurse. By the time he was done eating the ceremony was over. Everyone told me it was nice. :) Aidan stayed at the reception until about 7:15pm, then I took him over to Jessica's house where she and Hilary were kind enough to watch him. I texted them around 10pm to make sure everything was going fine and they replied that he was still awake. Uh Oh...I knew that meant he was probably overtired and, at the very least, fussy (at the very worst, screaming his head off). When I picked him up he had just fallen asleep and sure enough, he had shown Jess and Hilary how strong his lungs are. Jess described it as "ear piercing". Yikes. Thank you Jess and Hilary for giving Kyle and I some adult time, it was much appreciated. Watching a baby is always good birth control.

I had every intention of taking lots of pictures, but ended up getting back to the hotel around midnight and realized I hadn't even taken one. Oops. So I laid Aidan on the bed and snapped a few photos of him in his wedding attire before giving him a bath and putting him to bed. He slept until 8am, ate, and went back to sleep until 11am. He was one tired little boy.






No comments: