Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 6, 2009

Slow Recovery

Aidan is slowly recovering from whatever crazy virus he contracted last week. He spent portions of Sunday morning screaming and writhing in pain from what I can only guess was a really upset tummy. Intellectually I knew that he probably just had really bad gas pains, but emotionally I felt like he was dying and needed to be rushed to the ER. My rational side won out, but barely. There's nothing worse than being unable to help your hurt, sick child. After the screaming ended, Aidan passed out.

Aidan was in better spirits when he woke up in the late afternoon. We headed over to Grandpa and Grandma Finn's house for a BBQ and we saw the first smiles out of Aidan since Thursday. After a few hours he'd had enough though, and we headed home for a bath and bedtime an hour earlier than normal.

It's now Monday morning at 9:40am and Aidan has been asleep since 6pm last night. I'm glad he's getting the rest he needs, but it still creeps me out that a person can sleep for that long without waking up. I'm hoping today is a little better than yesterday, and that tomorrow is even better still.

1 comment:

Soupy said...

Just catching up on your drama - poor you - poor Aidan! :( Ugg, that is so not fun. I remember K's first bout w/that crap- Nov. 2007- it haunts me, so scary! :( Hugs hugs hugs, mama, I hope that he is on the mend!