Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 24, 2009

Catch Up

I've been busy this week trying to keep Aidan occupied and out of the house. If he's inside for more than a half an hour he starts to get whiny and throw tantrums, so we've been out and about most days.

We went to the zoo on Monday. I'm starting to zoom by the exhibits that I know don't interest him and stopping at the ones I know he likes. (prairie dogs, the farm, watching the fish)

Tuesday we went to the YMCA, then played outside most of the afternoon. I wish Aidan would stop eating the sidewalk chalk. It could be so much fun to play with, but he insists on eating big chunks of it. Maybe it's just too soon.

Wednesday mornings are ECFE day. We go play with other kids ages 15-30 months. Aidan always has a great time and loves to play in the little Cozy Coupe cars. They have several different kinds and he just runs from one to the next. For about 20 minutes, the moms sit and discuss a "topic of the week" while the kids play. This week's topic was discipline. It seems that I am the only mom not using time-outs yet, but I honestly cannot fathom getting Aidan to sit in one place for more than one second. Maybe we'll try baby time-outs in the crib if the tantrums continue.

Thursday was a busy day. Jackson came over to play in the morning, then Carrie brought Keifer and Kyla over so we could all go to the Splash Park. Jackson made it easy for me by sleeping most of the time, so I only needed to keep an eye on my busy little guy. I think we were all worn out by the time we got home, and Aidan and I both took a nap!



Jackson, just waking up from his nap

Splash! Keifer loved the water

Aidan and his trusty baseball

Today we're going to the Scott County Fair to watch my cousin in a horse show. It's going to be another steamy afternoon with all the rain we had this morning. Should be fun though.

No comments: