Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, July 25, 2009

County Fair

Aidan and I attended the Scott County Fair on Friday afternoon to watch my cousin in the horse show. I wasn't sure how interested Aidan would be, but he was pretty entranced, at least for as long as his short attention span allowed. I've never been to a horse show before, and WOW, those horses are majestic. They are all pampered and primped and look absolutely gorgeous trotting around the ring. We met up with my aunt, my cousin and her two sons, and watched my cousin, Aaron, in the six-horse hitch competition. Aidan wanted to be right up along the fence, which was not a good idea for him or the horses. He did figure out how to climb in and out of his stroller while we were there, so that kept him entertained for a little bit. After the six-horse hitch competition we got to go back to the horse barn and watch them undo all of the horses' braids and "bling". Chase kept Aidan busy by playing in the dirt with a riding crop. So easily amused.


Aaron and a six-horse hitch

Aaron and his helper(?)

Chase and Hunter watching Aaron enter the ring

2 horse hitch competition

Aidan in the horse barn...amazed by the size of the horses

No comments: