Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 5, 2008

Tired

That is the only title I could think of that describes how I'm feeling right now. Not exhausted, just tired. Aidan must be going through another growth spurt because he was up at 12:30am, 3:30am, and 6:30am. It's days like today that I'm thankful that I get to stay home. On the bright side, I stopped at Starbucks today (because I desperately needed a shot of caffeine) and they have their pumpkin spice lattes back. YAY!! It's my favorite coffee drink and they're only around for 2 months a year.

Back to Aidan's growth spurt, I got some rice cereal today and am going start feeding him tonight. He's showcasing all the signs of being ready: 1) sitting up mostly unassisted 2) very interested in watching us eat 3) and now not sleeping through the night because he's still hungry. I'm sure it won't be an instant cure for sleepless nights, but I'm hoping it's a start. He is slowly weaning himself from nursing. He nurses pretty well in the morning, however by mid-afternoon he refuses to nurse but will slam a 6oz. bottle of formula. There is nothing more frustrating than knowing your baby is hungry, trying to nurse him, and having him arch his back and turn away from you screeching. I've stopped taking it personally and just give him a bottle. My guess is that he'll be on mostly bottles within the next month. I still want to nurse him for his early morning feeding and maybe the mid-morning one too, just to keep his immunity up over the winter months.

Here's the little guy showcasing his Irish pride. It was chilly yesterday morning so we broke out the long sleeves. This outfit came with a cap and booties, so we did the whole shebang and took pictures.

No comments: