Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cooking Lesson

Kyle volunteered to make dinner on Friday night and off he went to Cub Foods to find something he was capable to cooking. He came home with an amazed look on his face and said "Did you know they have all sorts of frozen dinners in bags?!?" Yes Kyle, I did. He chose TGI Friday's chicken fajitas. (which were very good) In order to make them you need 1 tsp of oil. I've learned my lesson and stay out of the kitchen when Kyle is cooking, otherwise I am constantly looking over his shoulder "trying to help". I was minding my own business on the couch when he told me he needed 1 tsp of oil. "Oil is above the stove", I told him. He found it. Then he asked where the teaspoon was. "Between the fridge and the stove", I said. Kyle walks into the living room with the dry measuring cups. "This?", he asked. I started laughing and said, "No, the teaspoon" to which he replied, "Courtney, just because you say it in a different tone doesn't mean I know what you're talking about." I started laughing so hard I ended up crying. Kyle didn't know what a teaspoon was.

Moral of the story: You learn lots of new things when you make dinner for your wife.

1 comment:

Bellmont Business said...

That's great! Kevin said he could just see Kyle saying that.