Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 15, 2008

Road Trip

The weekend road trip to IL was fairly eventful in un-fun ways. 1) a semi truck blew out its back tire right in front of us, throwing treads everywhere. Luckily I was a ways back because it was raining. SCARY 2) Aidan cried for an hour and a half (straight) on the way down and an hour on the way back. I can handle the screams for about 20 min. and then I start to get a sick feeling in my stomach. By the time an hour of screaming had passed I wanted to yell "BE QUIET" but I obviously knew that would not help the situation, so I yelled inside my head. We had already stopped and Aidan had eaten and been changed. I knew he just wanted out of his car seat. The only cure for that was getting home. I told Kyle when we arrived that I did not want to make any more road trips by myself. Aidan is a much happier camper when there is someone to amuse him in the backseat.

In other news, my sister found her wedding dress on Saturday and it is GORGEOUS!! She is so beautiful, I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle. I think we found the bridesmaids' dresses too. I was given a reprieve until November for measurements, but then we have to order them. Yuck. To get in the weight loss spirit I went to Body Pump at the YMCA this afternoon. Now I can hardly walk thanks to squats and lunges and I've still got grocery shopping to do today. Oh the joys of losing weight. (hopefully)

1 comment:

Soupy said...

Sounds like a FUN ride (not!) LOL. And here I thought driving to Duluth for 2 1/2 hours was hell at some points, I can't imagine that long of a drive. Sounds like you had a good time w/your family, though. Need more Aidan pics! :) Can't wait for Saturday(I'm praying we all stay healthy, as you know, it IS the first few weeks of school and germs are everywhere w/snotty noses lately!). 6 PM elko! YAY!