Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Taken 5 years ago, on our honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico


Five years ago, Kyle and I were married on a gorgeous Saturday. Oh, how life has changed! A dog, two kids, different jobs, not to mention the changes in our social life. (what's a social life?) As I was thinking back over the past five years, I realized how fast life is passing by. Next year we will both be 30. Yikes! We discussed taking a trip to celebrate, but we're not sure when that will happen. Hopefully early next summer. We also had the big "we need to save money" talk. So depressing and adult-like to be discussing buying a new house, saving for retirement and college for the kids, and,*deep breath*, sticking to a budget. Not my forte. :) Yes, I realize I just said we wanted to take a trip, and in the next sentence I said we need to save money. Life doesn't need to completely be devoid of fun in order to save money. We'll just plan for it and search for a good deal.

To celebrate five years of marriage, Kyle and I are going out to dinner at Osteria I Nonni while Grandpa and Grandma Finn watch the kids. Delicious Italian food and the best calamari I have ever tasted. I'm looking forward to having a reason to get dressed up and real, adult conversation with my husband! Happy Anniversary, Kyle!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Happy Anniversary Finns! You did have a beautiful day and wedding! Here's to many more years of happiness!
BTW...being grown up does have its downfalls doesn't it!?!?