Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Holy Hotness!

Pre-fireworks funnel cake

Stars and Stripes torte that Aidan could not wait to dig into

Aubrey showing her patriotism
(Aidan called her hat a hockey helmet!)

Fun in the pool

A rare moment when Aidan was actually keeping the hose IN the pool

We did our best this weekend to not melt into a puddle of sweat. The weatherman says we have one more day of this oppressive humidity, then by Thursday it should cool down a little bit. The heat couldn't keep us from having fun, though. We played in Aidan's pool, went out to dinner for our anniversary, grilled out with Grandpa and Grandma Finn, and watched fireworks that Aidan is still talking about two days later. Yes, I ignored my brain and went with my gut. My brain told me that 10pm was too late to keep Aidan up, and that I was just asking for a whiny, cranky, perhaps scene-causing toddler at the fireworks. I followed my gut, which was saying that Aidan would really enjoy the fireworks and whining be damned. There was no whining, he DID enjoy the fireworks, and he had his first carousel ride. (which he is calling a pony ride) A fantastic holiday weekend!

No comments: