Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day Off

Although I've only been back at work for 2 weeks, a day off was much needed. During those 2 weeks I worked four 12-hour days on top of coming home to deal with a sick child. It was exhausting. Aidan and I both took naps every day this weekend that were hours long. He slept for 4 hours on Sunday if that tells you anything about how he's feeling. After a low fever on Wednesday, it's just a runny nose, but it sure has knocked the wind (and happiness) right out of him.

In order to get ourselves out of the house we went to Target to do some grocery shopping and then hit up the MN Zoo on MLK Day. It was a zoo. Ha ha, get it? The place was packed with moms and strollers and oodles of kids. Aidan loved the people watching. He is still more fascinated with watching other kids run around than the actual animals. I haven't been to the zoo since November when Kali and Kyle were visiting. We spent this visit on the inside and did the Tropics Trail and Discovery Bay. I periodically let Aidan out of the stroller, but just about hyperventilated one time when he walked into a kid's play tunnel and then a million bigger kids ran in after him. I'm reading a book about a baby being kidnapped right now. All I could think about was that your child can be snatched in a second, and I couldn't see Aidan. After all the big kids came out he was standing there smiling. I smiled back and immediately put him back in the stroller until we could make it to a slightly less crowded area. As always, he loved watching the fish and monkeys. I'm looking forward to warmer weather when I can take Aidan and the new baby to the zoo.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Take a picture of your cute belly!