Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bring on the Bottle

I've got three bottles of wine staring at me from the wine rack and I've decided to name them. The first is going to be "I made it through labor" and the second two are going to be named after children from school who have been making work very difficult. I will enjoy every last drop of them as soon as this baby is born. (don't worry, I won't drink all three bottles at once)

I think I came home every night this week and told Kyle that I didn't know if I could make it another 8 weeks at my job, let alone an indefinite number of years. After restraining a 90 lb. child for 35 minutes (with the help of four other adults) I could barely walk on Friday night, couldn't pick Aidan up, and was having irregular contractions for over three hours. Is this really what I want to do with my life? (my answer right now is "definitely not") What shall I do in my next life? I love working in the schools, I love teaching, most days I like kids. I've tossed around the idea of being a paraprofessional while the kids are young. The hours are shorter, but the pay is also much less. What to do? I'm going to mull this question over in my head while Kyle tells me I make too much money and the benefits are too good to quit my teaching job.

Not much is new in Aidan's life. He's feeling much better and just has a drippy nose every once in a while. He pooped in the bathtub for the first time last night. That was enough to make me want to vomit. I whisked Aidan out of the tub and grabbed "the floater". I thought about giving him another bath since his had been infected by feces, but I was really tired and didn't want to be there for another half an hour. Instead I just dried him off and put on his pj's. It's not like he touched the poop with his hands, right? I think that was the most dramatic thing that happened in Aidan's life this week.

We're looking forward to watching the Vikings and the Saints play tonight. Crossing our fingers for a Vikings win so we have someone to root for in the Superbowl!

2 comments:

MrsNick said...

Hang in there! It is such a difficult time of year for kids, not to mention the little angels we teach. I know my kiddos have been super defiant with all the indoor recess. Let's just say between restraint and time outs, my room has been very busy with little stinkers. In 8 weeks you'll get a nice long break and not have to even think about it for a while. Take care!

Monty's Mayhem said...

Im laughing so hard at your "floater" paragraph...i can see Aidan now with a look on his aface after that happened!! HAHA...oh the joys of parenthood!