Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Bonanza

Baby # 2 has an ETA of 9 1/2 weeks and all of the sudden I've shifted into baby gear mode...new crib, double stroller, any and everything related to babies that is monstrously expensive. Baby Jogger has a new stroller that just came out called the City Select. It can convert from a single stroller, to a single + car seat, to a double stroller. All in a single stroller size. I checked it out in the store today while crib shopping and was absolutely smitten. The price tag makes you gasp, but I'm thinking I can give up future presents in order to talk myself into getting it. Since it literally just started shipping out this week, I'm going to wait a while to read some reviews. If it's as cool as I think it is though, I may be the proud owner of a City Select in a few months. Kyle's first comment was "It looks like a witch's stroller". Maybe because this one is in all black? They also come in white and red. (why anyone would buy white is beyond me) Not sure if I would get red or black, but our Graco car seat is black and red, so it would work either way.



In crib shopping news, I picked out the Baby's Dream Infinity Drop-Gate crib. It will convert to toddler bed, then a full-size bed when Aidan is ready. Baby #2 will get Aidan's current crib set, which is also convertible for the future. The craziest thing about shopping for a new bedroom set is that dressers are more expensive than cribs. What is up with that??? I really like Aidan's current dresser, which is a changing table and then will flip over to a flat-top dresser when he is potty-trained. I may just order that one again in a lighter color to match his new crib.
Whew! So much to think about, and so much money to spend!
This picture doesn't show the drop-gate feature, but it is the same style and color.

1 comment:

Soupy said...

SO exciting- and a good stroller is just a must with 2 kiddos! It'll be worth it! :) Plus you wont' have time or $$ anyways for GIFTS for yourself! Forget you, it's all them now! LOL
Love the new stuff- whoa, you are close! :) So excited!