Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

THIS Is How I Thought It Would Be

When I was pregnant I had visions of lazy summer days, spent outside, me relaxing with a cup of coffee and Aidan as content as could be. Well, that was not at all how last summer turned out. I was lucky if I made it out of my pj's before noon, lucky if I got a shower, lucky if I even got to eat more than a granola bar before 1pm. I was so disappointed that I didn't get flowers planted in May and that I didn't have time to enjoy just sitting on the deck when it was nice outside.

I guess I just had to give it some time. My visions have come to fruition and Aidan and I are spending LOTS of time outdoors. Yesterday we took Roxie to the dog park after lunch and watched all the big dogs fetching tennis balls out of the pond. (Roxie REFUSED to go near the water) I've put in lots of new plants and flowers. Aidan loves to dig in the dirt with a hand rake (if that's what they're called?) and help me water our new vegetation. This morning it was already in the 70's when we got up, so lo and behold, I sat on the deck and drank a cup of coffee while Aidan played.

Life.Is.Glorious.

No comments: