Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 27, 2009

Stupid Varmints

We have an infestation of rabbits and squirrels and moles and probably a plethora of other wildlife that I don't even know about. They are eating my vegetation. The same vegetation that I worked so hard last summer to keep alive. Stupid animals! My dwarf lilac bushes are even more "dwarfed". Chewed down to almost nothing with just a few buds left. Same goes for one of my double knockout rose bushes. That's been chewed down to one tiny twig. I might try out some Liquid Fence, but from everything I've read, not much stops hungry rabbits and squirrels.

We had a nice weekend. On Friday night I got to spend some time with my friends, without Aidan. Then on Saturday night, Grandpa and Grandma Finn watched Aidan while Kyle and I went out to dinner. It was a wet weekend though and that makes Aidan an unhappy camper. He wants to go outside every time I let Roxie out, and the deck was just too wet for him to play on. Ooooh boy, did I get an earful each and every time he was denied from slipping out the door after Roxie. Distraction was my middle name this weekend, and "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", and "If You're Happy and You Know It" were sung repeatedly. Thank goodness Aidan is easily distracted. Or, it could just be my awful singing voice. I can just hear Aidan's thoughts, "Please stop singing, Mommy. I'll stop crying, I promise."

1 comment:

Soupy said...

we had the same whining at our house w/the rain "go down slide, mama" "stroller, mama"! :(
hoping this weather gets nice eventually!!!