Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Memories

Memories can be a tricky thing, especially years down the road when you can't quite remember exactly what happened (or when, or where). I've been busy this week putting all of Aidan's pictures in order in his photo albums and writing captions and dates so that years from now we'll know who's in the pictures and what's going on. We were definitely camera-happy the first month of Aidan's life. I think those pictures filled up half of an album! Things slowed down months nine through eleven, but I still had to start a second photo album for Aidan. That's a lot of pictures!

I've also started making a book out of my blog posts using Blurb.com. Basically, Blurb copies all of your posts and pictures into it's software (free) and then gives you options on layouts for the pages. An 80 page book costs $30. I'm not sure if I'll just do a book for Aidan's first year of life, or continue adding posts to the book and print it out at some later date. I just wanted to make sure that my posts were saved somewhere other than Blogger. What if something happened and they magically disappeared? Not the end of the world, but I would be super disappointed. Anyway, I'm having a great time editing my new book. It's fun reading back through the old posts and figuring out how to arrange the pages. I may end up with a novel instead of a coffee table book. : )

1 comment:

Bellmont Business said...

Wow...very ambitious of you. I'm still working on Charlotte's and Maggie's baby book. I'm almost ready to develop pictures of Maggie and soon here I hope to have an announcement out. That's about as far as I can get. That's a great idea about the book. It should be really fun to look at down the road!