Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh Lordy

In an effort to kick my workout up another notch (or ten) I decided that I wanted to sign up for a TRX suspension training class at the YMCA. I told Kyle that it could be my Mother's Day present since I had to pay extra money for the class. He agreed that money spent on working out was much more beneficial than money spent on a pedicure. (what I originally wanted, and I think both are equally important)

Today was my first official class and I don't think I will be able to lift Aidan today, tomorrow, or maybe even on Thursday. It is TOUGH! I took a demo class a few weeks ago on a Wednesday, and my butt still hurt the following Sunday. That's what led me to decide the class was something I probably needed to do.

It's hard to explain the class, so I posted a video of how it's done. The TRX room at the YMCA only has 5 suspension units, and there are only 4 of us in my class, so it's nowhere near as big as the class in the video. But, you get the idea.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I think this looks like fun!

Soupy said...

YAY for you! I'm jealous! I sooo want to get back to shape - faster than I did w/Keifer!! looks like fun !:)