Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm A Big Girl Now

Does anything scream "you're an adult" more than hosting your first holiday dinner? We're having Kyle's side over for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and I've got a list a mile long for Kyle to complete this week. Hmm, maybe this working full-time thing isn't such a bad gig after all. If I was home I would have to do it all. :) Just kidding. I've been working diligently this weekend to chip away at the stuff that can be done a few days ahead of time. Aidan's toy room is picked up and organized (for the moment), the windows have all been washed, the table is extended to seat 8, and the grocery shopping is done.

In my spare time I made a meal for my friend Gayle and took it over to their new house in the hopes that I could get some quality cuddle time in with her new little peanut, Grace. Grace was born on November 8th and is the tiniest little baby I have ever seen. Weighing in at just 5lbs 11 oz, she is the perfect size for cuddling in one arm. Of course she slept in my arms the whole time I was there, but that's what new babies do. I'm looking forward to having my own little baby girl that just wants to hang out in my arms.

Speaking of Baby Girl (no, we don't have a name picked out yet), her closet is quickly filling up thanks to Grandma Michele and my friend Carrie who generously loaned us some little girl clothes. (plus maternity clothes, THANK YOU, Carrie!) I don't know what I'm going to do with all MY clothes, but she will fill up her own closet, I'm sure.

Aidan got to feel the baby kick this week while singing bedtime songs. At first I just thought he was being giggly. I then realized that every time he was laughing, the baby was also kicking him in the back. Too funny.

No comments: