Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Faster, Longer

The weeks seem to be going faster and my list of things to do just keeps getting longer. I took a little "me" time on Saturday to get my hair cut and shop for some maternity clothes at the Mall of America. The hair cut turned out nice, the shopping trip was a bust. Why is it that when you know exactly what you want, you can never find it? I want a maternity button-down cardigan and a light-weight turtleneck sweater. Apparently these things do not exist in the world of maternity clothes. I went to Old Navy, Gap, Motherhood Maternity, and A Pea in the Pod. No luck at any of those stores.

Of course, since I spent Saturday doing "fun" stuff, that means that not much got done around the house. Today was filled with window washing and starting to cover the windows in plastic. I'm exhausted and it's not even 2 o'clock yet. Thankfully Aidan is down for a nap and Kyle is watching the Vikings beat-up on the Lions. I can at least catch up on my blogging.

Aidan keeps getting funnier and funnier. Lately he has been hiding himself behind things and then popping out to say "hi". Over and over, with a big smile on his face. It makes me laugh every time. He's also figured out how much fun it is to lay down on the floor and roll around.

Kyle starts varsity hockey try-outs on Monday. Hello hockey widowhood. I haven't missed you. Thankfully Kyle is ONLY coaching varsity this year, and not attempting to also help out the PeeWee team. I can at least count on him being home by dinnertime except on game nights.

In my own little world, this is the last week I'm teaching Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. Two more 11 hour days this week and then I can get back to a normal schedule. Thanksgiving break can't get here fast enough. Mama needs some rest.

No comments: