Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 11, 2009

Life As We Know It

Life has changed dramatically in the past few weeks. I'm getting up at 5:45am (yuck), Aidan and Kyle get to sleep in, Aidan is pushing back afternoon nap until very late in the day, and we've had a few major meltdowns while I cook dinner because I'm not giving Aidan my full attention. I think that's been the hardest part for me. It's so hard to hear him crying hysterically just because I can't hold him. When I'm doing something safe I try to pull the chair up to the counter so he can watch, but when I'm cooking at the stove I just can't have him up there. Playing with pots and pans is no longer cutting it. He wants to watch the action.

School is going okay. We've had a few major incidents already. I went home Thursday and told Kyle I remembered why I wanted to take all of last year off. :) The whining is going to take some getting used to. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me, and apparently elementary students with EBD whine. A lot.

On Saturday Kyle is flying to Chicago for a friend's wedding while Aidan and I spend the weekend at home. No big plans for us, but I'm sure we'll find something fun to do. Maybe a trip to the zoo since we haven't been in awhile.

My favorite quote from the week came from my cousin's blog: She's teaching English in China and it was "Teacher Appreciation Day". The students made her a big sign that said "how much they never liked her". Hahaha!

1 comment:

MrsNick said...

My heart is really going out to you Court! You are a saint for the work you do and should be admired. It may not feel like it right now, but I'm sure you're students appreciate you and the school is happy to have you back. I know it has got to be really hard for Aiden, but as my dad always told me, "This too shall pass." Hang in there! I'm thinking about you.