Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Killing Time

As I write this, it is Meet and Greet Night at my new elementary school. The halls are alive with running children and excited parents (mostly excited because their children will be back in school). I've been standing in the hall for an hour now, smiling at parents and kids, just hoping and waiting that someone will come see me. No such luck. I figured if I sat down and occupied myself maybe someone would pop in. Nothing so far. Teaching EBD can be a lonely job on nights like this.

Aidan and Kyle are busy occupying themselves at home tonight. Kyle decided that venturing to the State Fair with Aidan might not be the best idea this year, so Grandma Michele went by herself. Bless her heart, she brought us back Sweet Martha cookies. Kyle made me bring them to school today so he wouldn't eat them all. : ) My willpower has not failed me thus far. I only had some after lunch. I need to find something else to do for the next 35 minutes, otherwise I may just eat the rest of those cookies!

No comments: