Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Sweet Life

My summer is coming to a close. This is technically my last week of vacation. Next week I've got 4 days of training, a day off, then it's back to school for teacher in-service week. Did I take full advantage of my year and a half at home with Aidan??? That was the question that kept running trough my mind last week as I sat in class. I think I did. I tried to. We took trips to the zoo, the library, and went to ECFE classes once a week. We met up with friends for play dates. We took daily walks and stopped at the park to play. I got to read to Aidan (sometimes over and over) and sing silly songs with him. In my mind I know I've given him a good start in life. I guess I'm just a little sad that things have to change.

Now, Kyle will be the one staying at home with Aidan, enjoying the sweet life. After last week, I'm anxious to see how things continue. Each day I came home there was another project finished. Kyle washed all the floors, cleaned each room from top to bottom, hung a mirror in the dining room, and cleaned the garage. I'm not sure where his burst of motivation came from, but I like it. Not to mention that Aidan and Kyle had a great time together. Aidan got lots of outdoor time, plus plenty of time with the hockey stick.


1 comment:

Annie said...

Looks like Aiden is going to become a hockey player...that is probably on Kyle's list of things to do! Teach my son how to play hockey! I hope you get settled in easily in your classroom.